Bedford Autodrome Track Day

Bedford Trackday

First track day of the year, Bedford Autodrome and I am keen to test out my new Yokohama AD08R tyres and new geometry setup. The track was configured as the full 3.8 mile GT circuit.

011 Bedford

A few laps in and I am very impressed with the new tyres, once they have heat in them they stick to the track very well indeed. I found that I was able to corner much faster with the new rubber and they did not overheat like the old Toyo T1Rs did. The car felt really good with the new geo and the test Tuscan seat I have fitted is great on a trackday when you take the cushion out.

Bedford Trackday

I had an opportunity to test out my new GoPro 4 Silver which I purchased earlier on in the year as my old GoPro Hero HD was starting to play up. Video quality is much improved and the screen makes it very easy to line up camera. I also had an opportunity to test out Harry’s Lap Timer for telemetry, I had used this previously at Brands but that day was a bit of a wash out. The Telemetry showed a GPS verified 145MPH down the back straight which I was impressed with. Also a nice graph of the track with speed and G-Force overlayed

Bedford Trackday

Bedford Trackday

Here are some videos from the day:

Session 1

Final Session – chasing an Exige, unfortunately the Lotus spins off

Harry’s Lap Timer Test

Dashware Test

Ian’s Griff

Chris’s Clio

My car behaved itself for most of the day aside from needing to bump started by kind folk from PH every time I wanted to go out on track. The issue appears to be the infamous hot start issue, I did have this before and it was solved with my new Carl Baker meta alarm system installation, the general consensus was the wire the starter motor needs to be uprated as this only happens when the car is really hot, i.e. trackdays.

The car also developed another issue which was driving me mad, I had a feeling that the car was getting slower each time I took it out but I dismissed the idea as me being stupid. Half way through the afternoon session I came to the realisation that there was definitely something wrong as I was using full throttle and getting no where. It turns out that the throttle cable had worked itself loose. After consulting the PH technical committee I proceeded to dive head first into the footwell to look at the issue, luckily it was only the screwed on nipple which had come loose and I managed to fix it fairly promptly and continue with the trackday. Alun of course had to take a picture!

Bedford Trackday

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s